October 12-14, 2022 – Holiday Inn ~ St. Cloud
Schedule of Events
Wednesday, October 12
2:30–5:30 p.m. Registration Open
3:30–4:30 p.m. Opening Celebration and Welcome Back! You’re Doing a Good Job… A Good Job!
4:30-5:30 p.m. Vendor Spotlight
5:30–7:30 p.m. Vendor Exhibit Opening / Lucky Buck Auction / Poster Board Session / Appetizer Buffet / Cash Bar Poolside
Thursday, October 13
7:30 a.m. Registration Open / Exhibits Open Poolside
7:15–8:30 a.m. Breakfast Atrium
8:45–10:00 a.m. Conference Welcome and Opening Keynote: Cultural Sensitivity for the Accidently Insensitive by Shannon Paul
10:00–10:30 a.m. Beverage Break Poolside
10:30–12:00 p.m. Comedy Through Chaos: Life Lessons Learned Through Laughter presented by Shannon Paul
10:30-12:00 p.m. Effective Care Planning for the Resident Who is Depressed presented by Cat Selman
10:30-12:00 p.m. The Behavior Roller Coaster presented by Catherine Braxton
12:00-1:00 p.m. Lunch and Annual Meeting
1:15-2:45 p.m. Now is the Time! The Need for More Adult Activity presented by Cat Selman
1:15-2:45 p.m. Mastering the Art of Conversation presented by Catherine Braxton
1:15-2:45 p.m. Gardening and Indoor Plant Activities presented by Colleen Knudson
2:45-3:00 p.m. Break
3:00-4:30 p.m. Enriching the Lives of Residents on the Memory Care Unit presented by Catherine Braxton
3:00-4:30 p.m. The 11 Things You Can Control Every Day of your Life presented by Cat Selman
3:00-4:30 p.m. Assisted Living Trends and Innovations for Activities presented by Colleen Knudson
6:30–8:00 p.m. Banquet Cash Bar
8:00 p.m. Entertainment by “Rocket Man”
Friday, October 14
7:15 a.m. Registration Open / Voting Open Poolside
7:15–8:20 a.m. Breakfast Atrium
8:30-10:30 a.m. Survey Ready All the Time presented by Cat Selman and Pam Hayle
8:30-10:30 a.m. Relationship Centered Care Based in Impro presented by Catherine Braxton
8:30-10:30 am Art Programming to Support Resiliency presented by Colleen Knudson
10:30 – 11:00 a.m. Beverage Break
11:00-12:30 p.m. Closing Keynote: Regaining Your Zing! Jump Starting Your Motivation After COVID 19 presented by Cat Selman
- Full Conference Fee $260.00
- 1-Day Fee $150.00 (Thursday only)
Late Registration Fees- After September 30, 2022
- Full Conference Late Fee $290.00
- 1-Day Thursday Late Fee $180.00
MNSWAP is unable to invoice organizations. We accept online payments through PayPal or debit/credit card.
Handouts / Materials
Session handouts will be available at mnswap.org to download and print after September 29, 2022 Handouts will not be available at the conference.
Contact Pam Hayle at 952-855-5150 or email [email protected] for questions about conference registration.
The conference includes 16 different sessions ranging from 1 to 2 hours.
If you attend all session times you will receive 11 CEU’s total. Sessions have been designed to meet the needs of individuals working in all types of senior care services and communities. All sessions are preapproved from NCCAP. The content and objectives of each session also meet the requirements for Therapeutic Recreation Specialists.
Wednesday Opening Session “You’re Doing a Good Job!”
Welcome back to an in-person conference! This session will share pandemic stories of courage, struggle, hope and resiliency. The need for personal and professional recovery will be explored with demonstrated tools and member stories. We will use the WHO-5 well-being assessment to assess our personal recovery and talk about program recovery and resources as we move into 2023 and a world that lives with COVID. This will be a time of celebration, recognition and encouragement for all activity professionals
MNSWAP is excited to bring back the poster session exhibit of what you do best in your activity program to the conference. At the Wednesday night grand opening/vendor exhibit participants will have the opportunity to learn and share fun and exciting activity ideas. Do you have a unique program or event? Why not share what you do best during the poster session.
“Share What You Do Best” Poster Session Information: Click here for MNSWAP Poster Session Information and Registration
A great way to kick-off our conference, the opening of the exhibit area with an appetizer buffet, beverages and a cash bar. There will be drawings for door prizes, and opportunities to network and reconnect with your colleagues and friends. The Lucky Buck Auction, a conference tradition, will take place during the grand opening. All baskets will be awarded starting at 7:15 pm. This is also a great time to visit the Poster Board displays and see all the innovative ideas. The grand opening event will take place poolside from 5:30-7:30 p.m.
The Thursday evening banquet includes our annual awards ceremony, election speeches and reflections on the past MNSWAP year. Following dinner and the awards ceremony, please join us for entertainment by “Rocket Man.”
To receive the MNSWAP conference rate your reservation must be received by Tuesday September 10.
1 Queen or 2 Dbl. Beds $96.00
Poolside Kids Zone $96.00
Plus 12.375% tax
To receive the MNSWAP conference rate, make your hotel reservations with the link below. When directed to the Holiday Inn website, select your dates and the MNSWAP rate will automatically show on the reservation page.Hotel Room Reservations
If you experience problems with the registration link, please call 320-292-0845, Monday – Friday 9:00-5:00 for assistance.
Holiday Inn Address:
75 37th Ave South
St. Cloud, MN 56301
The Holiday Inn St. Cloud is easy to find coming from any direction. It is located at the intersection of Highway 15 and 23, just off Interstate 94
Your Registration Includes:
- Full conference – All meals, all days included
- Thursday Only – Lunch only on Thursday
Special Dietary Requests
All conference meals are served buffet style and will include enough items to provide for vegetarian diets. We will attempt to address any other specific health needs per request acknowledging gluten free as the most common request/concern. It is important to know if you will need alternate meals. We ask that you only make this request per medical need and not as a choice option, as we want to be as cost effective as possible in our conference planning.
Please email Pam Hayle at [email protected] with your request and which meals you will be present for at conference (Please note Thursday only participants only receive the lunch meal). Your accuracy in this request will help us maintain costs and provide for all attendees. Please send this information on or before September 25, 2022.
Guest Meal Tickets
Guest meal tickets will be available to purchase onsite only
- $20.00 – Wednesday Appetizer Buffet
- $15.00 – Breakfast Meal Thursday or Friday
- $20.00 – Thursday Lunch
- $35.00 – Banquet Thursday Evening
Refunds: Partial refunds will be given in emergency situations only.
Notification of refund requests must be made before October 1, 2022.
Requests should be made by email. Send formal requests with all pertinent information to [email protected]
Approved Refund Amounts:
- Full conference – $100.00 refund
- 1-day conference – $60.00 refund
- All registration payments are made online through PayPal- follow the link under the registration form below.
MNSWAP 2022 Conference COVID Protocols
The MNSWAP Board of Directors is so excited to be able to offer our first in person conference since October 2019. We want the conference to be a comfortable and safe event for all who attend providing for the best learning and networking experience possible. The following best practices for limiting possibilities of transmission will be in place with the expectation that all attendees will do their best to abide by the stated protocols. The simple best practices we are recommending are:
1. If COVID positive within 14 days of the conference, you will only attend if you have had at least 1 negative COVID test before coming to conference.
2. If showing symptoms or feeling ill reconsider attending or take a COVID test
3. If you have had a close contact (Ex: Family member with COVID etc) in the past 10 days you will test the day before and wear a mask in sessions and at conference events.
4. Board members and volunteers at the registration desk will wear high quality masks during all high traffic registration times to prevent the conference from becoming a super spreader event.
5. We ask all participants to follow best practices for infection prevention, such as wearing a high quality mask in crowded areas, hand washing/sanitizing often, and social distancing as practical.
If you have any questions or concerns about COVID, protocols please email [email protected]
Please read before registering….
Before beginning registration, please note that MNSWAP is unable to invoice organizations or take checks. We accept online payments through PayPal or credit/debit card.
- Please have your credit/debit card ready for conference payment
- PayPal will allow you to sign into an existing PayPal account. If you do not have a PayPal account, choose pay with a credit/debit card option
- If using PayPal, please ensure your address entered into PayPal matches your billing address on the credit or debit card you are using
- You will be able to register up to five (5) individuals on the registration form
- Upon selecting the button Proceed to PayPal for Payment, there may be a delay in PayPal opening in a new window to finish registration- be patient!
- Be sure to print your PayPal receipt for your records