- This event has passed.
MAPA (Region 6 of MNSWAP) Virtual Fall Session!
November 18, 2020 @ 8:30 am - 3:15 pmFree to attend, Membership required for CEU credit
Metropolitan Activity Professionals Association
MAPA is Region 6 of MNSWAP
(Minnesota Statewide Activity Professionals Association)
8:30 AM- 9:30 AM: Session 1:
Facilitating an Effective Resident Council
Speaker: Ombudsman, Ann Holme (1CEU’s)
• Understand the role of the RFACE Specialist and the Ombudsman office. Learn federal and state laws which support Resident Council
• Determine facilitator challenges and rewards
• Receive tools to develop, promote and grow Councils
9:30 AM – 9:50 AM: MAPA membership meeting MAPA/MNSWAP updates
• Bylaws update vote
10am-12:15pm Session 2:
Meaningful Activities Part 1 & 11
Speaker: Pam Hayle (2 CEU’s)
• Participants will be introduced to 2 different research groups on Meaning and Aging
• Relate the finds of “The Aging Game” to the normal practice of Therapeutic Activities
• Understand the work of the Activity Think Tank from the University of Wisconsin
• Gain knowledge of the term and practice of “meaningful activities”
• Learn how to adapt their current practice skills, assessment methods and programs in more effective program models.
1 PM- 3:15pm Session 3:
Skills for Effective Activity Leadership and Management
Speaker: Julie Reginek (2CEU’s)
• Identify 3 competencies that contribute to effective leadership
• Identify department areas for growth and development
• Identify ways to apply skills to managing the activity department
Please Sign up by November 16, 2020
The link to sign up is https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/842981680067842062
The seminar is FREE, however, only MAPA members are eligible to receive CEU’s. Membership forms are on the website: www.mapatwincities.org
This electronic securemail transmission (including any attachments) may contain confidential health or other information that is protected by law. It is not intended for transmission to, or receipt by, any unauthorized persons. If you have received this electronic mail transmission in error, please delete it, and notify the sender by reply electronic mail transmission so that our records can be corrected.