- This event has passed.
Region 5 Workshop
March 18 @ 9:00 am - 3:00 pm$40
8:30-9:00 am Registration & Coffee
9:00 am Business Meeting
9:30-11:30 am “Theory of Retrogenesis….a fancy name but easy concept” with Gretchen Reeves, CCC-SLP & Lori Petersen, Memory Care Coordinator
Learn how dementia states correspond to child development stages to help you plan ability-level activities.
1. Participants will be able to explain the Theory of Retrogenesis and how it applies to their positions as Activity Directors/Professionals
2. Participants will be able to correspond children’s age levels to severity levels of dementia.
11:30-12:30 pm Lunch at Pizza Ranch (included in the registration fee)
12:30-2:30 pm “Calendar & Resource Sharing”
Members need to bring samples of:
– 2 or 3 of their activity calendars
-top 5 entertainers with name and contact information
-list of top 3-5 activities for each of the follow areas: 1:1 or Hospice; Independent or short term stay residents
-large group and small group ideas
-top 3 favorite resources.
1. Participants will discover new resources from networking with colleagues
2. Participants will learn new activities for activity calendars.
3. Participants will discover new avenues to provide entertainment to residents
2:30-3pm 2020 Fall Convention Planning
Monthly Session Cost to Attend (Lunch is included): $40.00
4 CEU’s available for full day attendance. Make Checks payable to: WCAPA