Share What You Do Best!
The MNSWAP poster session is back! It is an opportunity to share what you do best; a successful activity, a new program, or other creative ideas with activity professionals attending
Networking and sharing of activity ideas is an important element in planning and designing meaningful, daily quality of life activity pursuits. Come learn and see what other activity professionals are doing or share what you do that is unique and special.
Join us in sharing what you do best!
What is a Poster Session?
MNSWAP is excited to bring back to the conference this year an exciting chance for members to share what they do best in their activity program. A poster session a way to show and exhibit a resource or activity idea. During the poster session, you will have the opportunity show and explain your activity idea to others during the Wednesday night vendor opening.
What kind of activity idea could you share for the poster session? Here are some ideas:
- Intergenerational programs
- Volunteer programs and recognition
- Programming for Dementia residents
- Sensory programs
- Community programs
- Family events
- Theme programming
- Specialty programming (men’s group, ladies’ group)
- Programming during COVID
Here’s how it works
- Organize pictures and resources that depict your activity idea on a poster board
- Explain your activity idea in a handout to give to those who visit your poster table
- Visit and share your idea with other conference participants during the vendor exhibit opening on Wednesday night
- Be part of this exciting conference activity
- A prize will be awarded to the poster display that is the most creative, unique, and informational!
Poster Session Criteria and Suggestions
- Your poster needs to be a tabletop display or easel.
- Depending on the number of poster participants, you may share a 6 foot table for table top poster.
- If you choose to use a single tag board display and easel, you will be responsible for bringing an easel.
- Design your poster with pictures, clipart, captions, and other information that depict your activity program or idea.
- You can use a tabletop tri-panel poster board or similar, or a single tag board with easel.
- Poster set-up will be on Wednesday, Oct 12, 2:30-3:30 pm poolside.
- The poster session will be on Wednesday, Oct 12th along with the Vendor Exhibit opening at 5:30 pm.
- You are encouraged to be present at your poster display to interact and share your poster story with the conference participants during the Wednesday vendor session.
- Think about a handout or an information sheet that outlines and explains your activity idea, how to organize and set it up, resources needed, or anything a person needs to know to implement themselves. Include your name and contact information on the handout and have available at your poster display.
- Your poster board can be left displayed during the conference.
- Complete the registration form below.
Registration Deadline: October 7
Questions? Email [email protected]