Heidi Sibben Memorial Scholarship Fund
The Heidi Sibben Memorial Scholarship was created to provide continuing education opportunities to MN SWAP members. Heidi Sibben, a pioneer in the early development of Minnesota’s Activity Professionals Association, was instrumental in promoting education opportunities and professional growth to Activity Professionals working in aging services. Through contributions from members and other sources, MN SWAP is able to offer several scholarships each year for continuing education.
Scholarship application is closed for 2023
- The Heidi Sibben Memorial fund is available to any current MN SWAP member, with the exception of all Board Members, to use for educational opportunities in the field of activities and aging services. The funds can be used for conventions, workshops, seminars, or other educational pursuits.
- The following options are available for the scholarship funds;
• $100.00 toward an educational event other than MN SWAP
• MN SWAP fall conference
• MN SWAP spring seminar
- Money must be used for education and cannot be used for transportation or lodging.
- Application deadline for spring seminar scholarship is February 1 and fall conference scholarship is August 1. Applications are reviewed and approved at the February and August MN SWAP board meeting. Recipients will be notified from MN SWAP.
- Applications must be completed and submitted to the MN SWAP.
- Applicant/Recipients must provide proof of attendance.
- Scholarship eligibility is once every three years